Nutrition and Weight management Course
This course provides the basis for an in-depth understanding of nutrition biochemistry, what the human body requires in food to maintain homeostasis, and how the nutritional status of individuals and populations is determined. The course also provides the understanding of how nutrition science is translated into dietary guidelines, and equips students with the tools to discern objectively between sound nutrition information and unfounded nutrition commercially-oriented claims.You will learn:-
- About the different types of nutrients our body needs and the various categories these nutrients can be broken down into.
- What the benefits of water and staying hydrated are.
- How the Eatwell Guide can help ensure you maintain a balanced diet.
- How malnutrition is defined and the role the Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool plays in identifying malnutrition.
Course Benefits :-
- You will be able to identify the nutrients needed to maintain a healthy body.
- You will better understand what different foods are made of and which category of nutrient they fall under.
- Your knowledge will allow you to identify the signs of malnutrition and dehydration and equip you with preventative steps.
- Your knowledge will improve your awareness of healthy eating and allow you to make more informed choices with regards to a balanced diet.